Like many other web sites, our Site may utilize a standard technology called a "cookie", which will be installed in your data terminal, allowing us to collect information about how our Site is used, to help us recognizing your browser and thus save and remember any preferences that may have been set.
Cookies that we may issue cannot retrieve any other data from your hard drive or pass on a computer virus.
We may issue cookies that allow us to:
- compile statistics and traffic volume and measure the use of the various sections of our Site (headings and content visited, click streams) which helps us improve the value and usability of our services; to do so, we may use Google Analytics or other third party analytic tools. The information we collect is aggregated and not personally identifiable. To learn more about Google Analytics, please visit: http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
- customize the presentation of our Site to the display settings of your data terminal (language, screen resolution, operating system, etc.) during your visit on our Site, based on your data terminal's hardware, viewing software and video software;
- allow you access to restricted and personalized areas of our Site, such as your account, based on user names, passwords and other data that you may have previously given us access;
- implement security measures, such as when you are asked to log in again to contents or a service after a certain period of time;
- enhance your visit, personalize home pages, identify which parts of our Site have been visited or keep track of your preferences, track a path through our web pages;
- customize the advertising content displayed in our advertising space on your data terminal based on personal data that you have provided; and
- store information contained in any form that you fill out on our Site to allow you access to restricted and personalized areas of our Site (your account).
In any case, you can decide to allow or block cookies. There are several ways to manage cookies. However, some difficulties to navigate on our Site might occur.
- You can configure your browser to allow cookies to be stored on your data terminal, to reject them automatically or to reject them from certain issuers. You can also configure your browser so that you are promptly asked to accept or reject cookies before a cookie is saved to your data terminal;
- Each browser has a different way of managing cookies and cookie settings. The configuration of your browser is described in its help menu which will inform you of how to change your cookie settings;
- Concerning Flash cookies using Adobe Flash Player, these are handled by an interface different from that provided by your browser. "Adobe Flash Player"™ is an application that enables the rapid display of dynamic content using the "Flash" computer language. Flash and other similar applications store settings, preferences and usage date using a technology similar to cookies. If your data terminal is likely to view content developed with Flash technology, please access your Flash cookies management tool directly from the Adobe website at http://www.adobe.com;
- Finally, you can also connect to www.youronlinechoices.com, a website proposed by digital advertising professionals, in order to help you control, accept or reject some cookies placed in your browser.
2. COOKIES ISSUED ON OUR SITE BY THIRD PARTIES
We are likely to include software applications from third parties on our Site which allow you to share the content of our Site with others or to inform others about your visit or your opinion on the content of our Site. This is particularly the case with the "Share" and "Like" buttons on social networks like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Viadeo, etc.
The social networks that provide these button applications may use the button to identify you even if you have not used this button during your visit our Site. Indeed, this type of button application may allow the social network concerned to track your browsing of our Site, simply because your social network account was active on your data terminal (open session) during your visit to our Site.
We have no control over the processes used by social networks to compile information about your visits to our Site, nor any related personal data they may have. We invite you to review the protection of privacy policies of these social networks in order to understand the purposes behind the collection of browsing data they can compile through such buttons, especially as regards advertising. The policies of social networks must allow you to exercise your personal choice through your account settings.